Cigna Dental Insurance – Chaska, MN
Helping Cigna Dental Insurance Patients Save Money
At White Oak Dental, our Chaska dentist and dentistry team members are always happy to help patients process and file their dental insurance claims to maximize benefits. If you’re a Cigna plan member or you have any other dental insurance coverage, please let our team know when you schedule your first visit in our Chaska dentistry practice. This allows us to start maximizing your dental insurance from your very first appointment. If you have questions about your dental insurance plan, please don’t hesitate to call our knowledgeable dentist and team today. We’re always happy to help.
Your Cigna Dental Benefit Plan
Every dental insurance plan is different. In fact, an insurance policy is a unique contract between patients, an insurance provider, and/or an employer, so in order to offer accurate estimates of your treatment coverage, our knowledgeable dentistry team will want to examine your specific plan.
5 Tips for Maximizing Dental Insurance
Many patients want to know how they can maximize their dental insurance coverage. We are always happy to review your policy and help you do just that. Some of the recommendations we make most often include:
- Visit our office twice a year for dental checkups and teeth cleanings
- Brush and floss daily as directed to keep your smile whole and healthy
- Complete any necessary dental restorations promptly when damage occurs to avoid additional oral health issues
- Ask about splitting advanced treatments between two plan years if you exceed your annual coverage maximum
- Talk to your dentist or hygienist about changing at-home hygiene products or receiving dental sealants and fluoride therapy if you experience chronic dental concerns
The Benefit of In-Network Dental Insurance Coverage
Health maintenance organization (HMO) plans are highly restrictive of which dentist patients can visit and what treatments they can receive. Preferred provider organization (PPO) policies like the vast majority of Cigna dental plans are designed to be more flexible. That means you’ll receive coverage from your insurer whether or not you visit an in-network dentist. However, in-network providers have agreed to your insurance plan’s pricing for specific services, which means you will only need to pay the out of network percentage of treatment costs. A dentist who is out of network may have fees that are slightly higher than your insurance deems average, but you will need to pay the difference. In most cases, these pricing differences are negligible.