Full and Partial Dentures Restore Smiles in Chaska
Do you miss looking in the mirror and seeing someone who has a beautiful smile full of healthy teeth? Millions of Americans struggle with the woes of gaps in their grin, but you don’t have to be one of them. Thanks to dentures in Chaska, you may be closer to regaining your confidence and your oral health than you think.
Why It Is Important to Replace Missing Teeth
Missing teeth can have a big impact on your life. They may lead to:
- Speech problems. Teeth play a significant role in helping us to enunciate certain sounds. Without them, you may find it more difficult or even embarrassing to communicate with others.
- Bite changes. Without all of your teeth in place to help you eat, the remaining pearly whites are put under extra stress as the force of your bite is unevenly distributed. Those natural teeth may face premature wear and tear or even drift out of place.
- Trouble eating. There are some foods you may simply not be able to enjoy without all of your teeth.
- Gum disease. Missing teeth may increase your risk of gum disease, which can lead to further tooth loss, persistent bad breath, and even systemic health disorders.
- Aesthetic issues. Everyone wants to have a confident smile — and that isn’t always possible if you’re short one or two teeth in the front of your mouth.
How Dentures Help
Full and partial dentures in Chaska are removable prostheses that can replace just a few teeth or all of them. Wearing them consistently can help to address of the problems discussed above. In addition, dentures:
- Are very comfortable once you get used to them. The way they fit may change over time, so it’s important to have regular checkups with your dentist for adjustments.
- Are easy to care for. You’ll have to brush them regularly and keep them moist so they stay fresh and functioning.
- Provide a fairly strong bite force. You should be able to enjoy most if not all of your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your artificial teeth.
- Look natural. Well-made, high-quality dentures are virtually impossible for onlookers to distinguish from natural teeth.
The Denture Process
Getting dentures begins with a consultation with your dentist in Chaska. We’ll examine your mouth, take some X-rays, talk about your concerns, and then discuss your options for replacing your teeth. In addition to talking about full and partial dentures, we may also go over the benefits of bridges and implant-retained dentures.
If you opt for partial or full dentures, we’ll take an impression of your mouth. This impression will serve as the basis for creating your new, custom smile. Over the next several appointments, we’ll take steps to ensure that your dentures fit right; for example, we’ll use a wax mold of what your denture may look like so we can check to make sure your bite is comfortable. The overall process of getting dentures usually takes about four to six weeks.
Are you ready to learn more about how dentures may be able to help you? Please contact our office so we can get you on the road to a renewed smile.